Trying To Heal

Why Me? Why not me. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's how we deal with the bad things that makes us who we are.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Checking in...

Te had an appointment with the Bishop on Sunday. He got his temple recommend back, so we're planning on going saturday. What a nice feeling it is to be able to go with him.

As much as I would like to say that the battle is over, I know that it isn't. We'll just keep doing the things we have been doing. Reading our scriptures together (we just finished the book of mormon for the 2nd time in our marriage and are starting again), praying together and having regular family home evenings.

Te will keep going to the support group meetings. He has a couple of friends there and hopes to be able to help other people get to where he is (plus, he'd like to avoid sliding back into old habits, and the meetings are helpful).

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check back in here almost daily, so it is good to hear new news and that all is still going well. You continue to be in my prayers.

Blessings,
Jared

PS I switched to Beta Blogger, so I can't sign in with my blogger identity on a "regular" blog. Don't bother switching. It isn't worth the hassle.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie. I appreciate all your blogs. I am a recovering addict and I see all the pain my wife has had to go through. I feel for all our spouses. I'm Derek from LDSAR.org. Thanks for linking to our support group. I started LDSAR.org as part of my making restitution for all the evils I have done online. We launched a little more than a month ago and it's been a great resource for all of us. Thank you for the entries you've made. My wife and I have both been blessed by your thoughts.

I noticed you had posted your "bookmark" entry on LDSAR as well as your own blog. I just wanted to let you know that if the "community" aspect of LDSAR.org appeals to you, and you'd be interested in moving your blogs over to our group, I have a tool that can easily import all your blogs over to our group. My whole vision for the site was having a single place we could all go to and immediately see everyone's new blogs rather than trying to keep up with everyones' individual sites. Since your last posting (I believe) we also have added a "Loved Ones ONLY" section so you can post without us addicts seeing if you would like, and also private blogging, so you can basically have your private journal only accessible to you. Makes it very nice to keep everything in one place. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know of that option. You may have noticed that Josh (who you have a link to) brought over all of his previous posts and is now exclusively using LDSAR.org to blog. If you are interested in doing that, let me know and I can pull all your blogs over. And if you're not, don't worry, my wife and I will continue to come read your thoughts and receive of your strength. There is great strength in numbers and I'm just so glad that we have this great tool, the internet, to join together and help each other. I pray for you and your husband's continued success. You can email me at derek@ldsar.org if you have any questions about the site or decide you want me to import your blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home