Trying To Heal

Why Me? Why not me. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's how we deal with the bad things that makes us who we are.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Count

Te met with the bishop yesterday. I can't even imagine all of the stuff that a bishop has to deal with. He has his own life to deal with, and then he gets to deal with all the junk from all the people who are having problems around him too.

Part of me has always felt bad that Te and I were adding to the burdens that our bishop's have had to deal with, and the other part of me has been so grateful to them for all they have done.

The bishop told Te to not feel worldly sorrow, which would only lead him to discouragement, but that he should feel Godly sorrow, which would lead him to become closer to Heavenly Father and not try to do this on his own.

Today Te said he had a temptation come to his mind, and instead of just trying to push it aside, he prayed. It's a small victory, but it feels good.

No one has to struggle through life on their own.

I've decided I'm not counting good days anymore, at least not for now. We've gone since the end of May, with one relapse in there. The relapse was upsetting and sad, but it doesn't undo all the good days that came before it.

Life is still good.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Small victories are sometimes the best (and sometimes the only) kind. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

Keep up the good work. I don't know you, but I'm rooting for you, Te.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger tomhhhh said...

I've learned that the Lord helps carrie the burden of Bishops.

I've felt those awkward feelings of taking their time too. But it is not rational. Just a real feeling. Not being able to utilize help is part of false pride. President Kimball said that a man that won't ask for help is like a drowning man refusing a life preserver thrown to him.

I also...understand the not counting days thing. Again from my experience there is something about it. It like builds something up that hurts like heck when there is the slightest problem. It feels like perfectionism to me. I've done better when I cound days in reading my scriptures, praying, and attending all of my meetings. Just feels better to me.

Count your blessings.

Te is worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home