Trying To Heal

Why Me? Why not me. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's how we deal with the bad things that makes us who we are.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Talked out...

On Rufus' blog, he mentioned feeling talked out sometimes.

You may have noticed that I will post several posts and then go awhile without posting anything. That's why. I talk about it with Te. I talk about it with my sisters-in-law. I talk about it on my blog. Sometimes I just want to not talk about it, so I take breaks. Thanks for sticking with me even when I don't post regularly. I appreciate everyone's support. It is amazing to me that there are other people in my same situation who have started blogs recently. It's nice to have this extra support group. I feel like you are all good friends that I have known for a long time, instead of strangers on the internet.

I've been worried about Te since school started. He's been so busy and sleep deprived that we haven't had a chance to talk much. We have been reading the scriptures together every day though, and praying together most every day. On the days we miss, I call him and ask him if he said his own prayer, and tell him that I did too.

Last night we were able to talk for a little while and I told him that I didn't know if I could handle him lying to me anymore. Between being hormonal and pregnant, not feeling well, and not getting enough sleep, I just feel like I'm at a breaking point. I told him if he had anything he needed to tell me, to please tell me now, because I can't handle being lied to right now.

He looked at me with a sweet smile, and said that he had nothing to hide from me. A wave of relief rushed through me. I believe him. He's been busy, and stressed, but he really wants to overcome his addiction. I want to get to a point where I don't doubt him so much. I guess it will just take time. And constant repeating of "trust in the lord..." I say that a lot to myself.

He is such a good man. We just had our 7th anniversary, and I am so glad to have my life with him. He is my best friend. He puts up with an amazing amount from me, for which I am grateful. :)

I love you Te.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger tomhhhh said...

I feel blessed this morning.

I receive strength from others spirit of recovery.

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know trust is a sensitive issue. It is hard to earn, harder to earn back. Keep praying. For him, about him, for you to help him, just keep praying. God is listening, and he has sent you this avenue to help you build trust again.

Remember that there are others praying for you too.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

May the Father grant you peace today.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I was about to leave your blog when I noticed the description. I wll pray for you and your hubby. I admire you. A weaker woman would have walked away. I am going to bookmark this page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home