Trying To Heal

Why Me? Why not me. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's how we deal with the bad things that makes us who we are.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Terror

I went to a city council meeting with a friend, and it ran long. I got home close to 11pm. When I realized how late it was, I felt panicked. I had left my very vulnerable husband home alone late at night.

I walked into the house and he had a not-so-good expression on his face. Luckily he had fallen asleep on the couch and was not fully awake. No problems. I believe him.

He said he had a really hard time at work today. It got so bad that he left his office and went to the upstairs offices and did some cleaning. He's going to download a program that will let me see clips of the websites he has visited. I think a picture is recorded every five seconds or something.

I think that would ease my mind. I believe him, mostly, when he tells me he has been good. I want to believe him, but a little part of me doubts him. Having proof that he is not looking at anything that he shouldn't be would be a comfort, and I wouldn't have to doubt him.

Tonight he said it was a little tempting when he was watching the NBA finals game with the cheer leaders. He said his motivation for "being good" was that he didn't want to disappoint me again.

I'm grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home